Monday, April 8, 2013

R.I.P., Iron Lady

The world has lost a great lady. She was a true leader--the kind that stands up and inspires in the face of hardship and tragedy and even times of peril. A bona fide icon representing just how far a modern woman can go, she was so proud of being a woman.
 I love that she was a chemist. I love that she was called, "Iron Lady." Today, as I'm saddened that the death of Hugo Chavez was more popular in the headlines, and as I'm still trying to iron out this grant writing project, and as I'm waiting for caffeine to kick in--I'm inspired by some of her quotes. 
I'm sharing because when put into the context of this blog--each one is so relevant to the grant writing process, enjoy:
(or write more than one grant to get an award!)

Below, this is inspiration for making a tight argument in your proposals:
Taking pride in your work:
Ha! Running a nonprof is a lot like this, am I right? (which is why grant writers stay in-demand). 

Happy grant writing, guys, and happy Monday. ;)






4 comments:

  1. I love that you posted all of the Maggie Thatcher quotes! She may have been more right-wing than my usual political hero, but she is absolutely an inspiration! If I'm half that tough someday, I'll be perfectly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Thatcher was, and remains, one of the most inspirational women in history. Her resolve to stick to her guns and behave with class is something that every woman should strive for - I know I personally aim for that kind of spirit. Thanks for posting all those quotes on here. They're exactly what I needed to read as I wade deeper into the final weeks of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another interesting perspective on Margaret Thatcher: http://charlesclymer.blogspot.com/2013/04/margaret-thatcher-does-not-deserve.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was waiting for this angle to pop up and I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete